Brand New Facilities
We’ve converted the 1920s central heritage building into modern new classrooms making use of the building’s 3.9m-high ceilings and generously-sized spaces.
This first building provides all the specialist rooms required (Art, Library, Science, etc) and gives students the modern school facilities they need for a great 21st-century education, within the existing heritage building.
As the school grows we will move specialist areas out of the Heritage Building and into new homes.
Currently under construction for delivery mid-2020:
- A Food Technology precinct
- A fully equipped Gymnasium
- New canteen
- New administration offices
Future stages planned for expansion
- A new Performing Arts Centre
- Visual Arts and Design studios
- A permanent Library that teaches research methodology and cultivates a love of reading
In the 2017-18 State Budget, $5.01 million was allocated to this project for planning. The school received an additional $10.6 million in the 2018-19 State Budget.
For more information on the Preston High School development please visit the School Building Authority website.