Enrolment for Year 8
Families can apply to enroll on proximity, sibling or curriculum grounds.
For 2020 families can enroll children for Year 7 or 8 only. Enrolments in year 8-12 occur directly with the school.
Offers of placement will depend on the availability of places and the school will follow the DET Placement Policy in making decisions.
There is currently a waiting list for enrolment.
Please direct all queries or correspondence to our enrolment officer Caitlin Lattanzio-Barnes on 9055 8400.
The priority order of placement at Preston High is:
- Students for whom the school is the designated neighbourhood school. (See map below)
- Students with a sibling at the same permanent address who are attending the school at the same time.
- Students seeking enrolment on specific curriculum grounds.
- All other students in order of closeness of their home to the school.
- In exceptional circumstances, compassionate grounds.
Apply on curriculum grounds
Families can apply on curriculum grounds when a student would like to access a particular curriculum opportunity that Preston High School specializes in.
When you submit your enrolment paperwork you should provide Preston High School with a completed Curriculum Claim Form.
You may submit a curriculum-based claim on the basis of any program that Preston High School offers. Common examples would include:
- Our languages are French and Mandarin Chinese.
- Robotics & Coding
- Enhanced mathematics (students significantly ahead of the expected level)
- Strings (Violin, Viola, Cello, Double Bass)