Enrolment for Year 7
Families can apply to enroll on proximity, sibling or curriculum grounds.
Government Primary School students apply via your primary school in Grade 6.
The relevant form is here.
Independent and Catholic school students can apply directly to Preston High School in Grade 5 or 6. In all cases Preston High School follows the DET Placement Policy when allocating places. Return this form to the school.
Enrolment applications for 2021 are open now (view timeline).
There is currently a waiting list for enrolment at all year levels.
Please direct all queries or correspondence to our enrolment officer on 9055 8400.
The priority order of placement at Preston High is:
- Students for whom the school is the designated neighbourhood school. (See www.findmyschool.vic.gov.au)
- Students with a sibling at the same permanent address who are attending the school at the same time.
- Where the Regional Director has restricted the enrolment, students
who reside nearest the school. (Not Applicable to PHS)
- Students seeking enrolment on specific curriculum grounds.
- All other students in order of closeness of their home to the school
Apply on curriculum grounds
Families can apply on curriculum grounds when a student would like to access a particular curriculum opportunity that Preston High School specializes in.
When you submit your enrolment paperwork you should provide Preston High School with a completed Curriculum Claim Form.
You may submit a curriculum-based claim on the basis of any program that Preston High School offers. Common examples would include:
- Our languages are French and Mandarin Chinese.
- STEM: Neuroscience, Horticulture, Robotics & Coding
- Enhanced mathematics (students significantly ahead of the expected level)
- See the Instrumental Music options here