Enrolment for Year 7
Families can apply to enroll on proximity, sibling or curriculum grounds.
Government Primary School students apply via your primary school in Grade 6.
Independent and Catholic school students can apply directly to Preston High School in Grade 5 or 6. In all cases Preston High School follows the DET Placement Policy when allocating places. Return this form to the school.
Enrolment applications for 2020 are open now (view timeline).
There is currently a waiting list for enrolment in 2019.
Please direct all queries or correspondence to our enrolment officer Caitlin Lattanzio-Barnes on 9055 8400.
The priority order of placement at Preston High is:
- Students for whom the school is the designated neighbourhood school. (See map below)
- Students with a sibling at the same permanent address who are attending the school at the same time.
- Students seeking enrolment on specific curriculum grounds.
- All other students in order of closeness of their home to the school.
- In exceptional circumstances, compassionate grounds.
Apply on curriculum grounds
Families can apply on curriculum grounds when a student would like to access a particular curriculum opportunity that Preston High School specializes in.
When you submit your enrolment paperwork you should provide Preston High School with a completed Curriculum Claim Form.
You may submit a curriculum-based claim on the basis of any program that Preston High School offers. Common examples would include:
- Our languages are French and Mandarin Chinese.
- Robotics & Coding
- Enhanced mathematics (students significantly ahead of the expected level)
- Strings (Violin, Viola, Cello, Double Bass)