Open Day / Tours & Enrolment Timeline
Group tours of Preston High School for families in Grade 5 & 6 can be booked at the link below.
These take place in Term 1 and 2 of each year.
Join us for a school tour run by current Preston High School students.
Wednesday 3 May 2023 – 9:15 AM – 10:15 AM
Enrolment timeline for Year 7 in 2023
- April 2023 – Government Primary schools provide Grade 6 families with Application for Year 7 Placement 2024 form. Catholic/Independent Primary School families approach High Schools directly for this form.
- 12 May 2023 – Government Parents/carers return their Application for Year 7 Placement 2024 form to their primary school by this date. Catholic/Independent Primary School families return this form to the High School by this date.
- 19th July 2023 – Primary schools will notify families of their child’s Year 7 placement offer.
- 28th July 2023 – Parents/carers of children not allocated a place lodge a written appeal with the school by this date.
- 8th August 2023 – Secondary schools provide parents/carers with written notification of appeal outcome.
- 9th August 2023 – Parents/carers return their Year 7 Placement Acceptance Slip to their child’s Government School.
- 22nd August 2023 – Parents/carers lodge a written appeal with Regional Director (RD) of the North-West Victoria Region by this date.
- September – November: Orientation process for future Year 7 families and students commences, including parent welcome evening, initial academic assessment and other events and information