The Ged Kearney Scholarship
The Hon. Ged Kearney is the member for Cooper, the Federal electorate in which Preston High School is located. Ged has offered the following opportunity for young people to grow their leadership in our school
- This is a non-financial scholarship offering mentoring and leadership development.
Who can apply:
Young women who are in Grade 6 and are entering Preston High School for year 7.
What it involves:
- Selected scholars work as a group over the course of their 6 years at High School.
- Development of an ambitious leadership or change agenda with a focus on social issues in an Australian or local context.
- Mentoring with Ged Kearney, member for Cooper, focused on leadership for young women and on making change happen.
- The scholars meet once per term with Ged Kearney, member for Cooper to progress their work on their leadership and change agenda.
- The scholars group also meets at school to continue to explore their leadership journey.
How to apply:
- When submitting your enrolment preference form (Government Primary Schools) or enrolment request form (Non-Government Primary Schools) attach this form. Preston High School may contact Primary Schools to assist with the assessment or verification of applications.